Saturday, February 16, 2008

Build-A-Bear (or Monkey)

Hi there!
So last week, I went to a birthday party for one of my classmates. Mommy took me to the mall and kept saying that we were going to a place and make a bear. I had no idea what she was talking about, but went along for the ride. We arrived at a very bright and colorful place with bears everywhere. The birthday party started and we were told to select an animal. After looking them over and narrowing down my choices, I selected a Monkey. Mommy was trying to get me to choose a hippo, but I was strong in my decision. However, I didn't understand why I couldn't have the sample monkey and had to walk around with the monkey shell. Then the fun began. I got to stuff my monkey with fuzzies and give it a heart. I filled it with love, friendship, and some other stuff. Next I brushed the monkey and fluffed it with puffs of air. Then I got to pick out clothes. Mommy found a Memphis Tshirt and shorts (which Daddy would have loved). Instead I chose a red and white top with shiny hearts and silver sequins and a red skirt to match. My second choice outfit was a hot pink top with jewels on it. Mommy helped me put on the outfit, then we got to name the Monkey. I chose Cupcake (though I still call her Monkey). I got to take her home in a "critter condo" which is basically a box the size of me. I insisted on carrying (or trying to carry) the box through the mall. I had such a good time and had fun helping my classmate celebrate her birthday.







Much Love,
Carlisle Drew

No comments: