Thursday, September 27, 2007

Vacation

I have missed you all! I have been going, going, going try to stay cool in this LONG summer season. As most of you know the North Carolina mountains are very special to Mommy and Daddy's hearts so they took me to experience them this year. I had a great vacation with Daddy, Mommy, Granny, and Grandpa. We traveled to Lake Junaluska which you can tell, I did not enjoy the car ride. I don't understand why Mommy and Daddy didn't want to entertain me for 5 hours through the mountains, do you?!?


The weather was beautiful and believe it or not we didn't use our air conditioning in the house which was such a change from the hot TN weather. I slept really well with the open windows and mountain air! We did so many fun things while we were there. I got to meet family members on Daddy's said of the family.


My favorite thing to do was to feed the ducks every night after dinner. There is a big walking path that we would stroll around and I would wave and say "Hi" to everyone walking including their dogs and then go find the ducks. Daddy would shoo away the hissing geese. I couldn't quite get that I was supposed to throw the bread to them so I would try to take the bread to them and they would waddle back to the water.


Part of the walking path had roses along it and we would stop and smell the roses and see how pretty they were. I made sure that my Babies or toy duck smelled the roses too. I was very careful around the thorns, but the first rose I tried to smell, I grabbed the flower and all the petals fell off in my hand. Uh-oh!


We also hiked in the mountains, drove the Blue Ridge Parkway, rock hopped, went swimming, and of course played! I had such a good time!


Much Love,
Carlisle Drew

No comments: