Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Six Weeks Old

So many exciting things happen each day! Because the weather was so nice, Mom and Dad took me to the Park for a picnic and a stroll this weekend. There were lots of people enjoying the pretty day. I can't wait to swing!

This was a big week since it was Holy Week. We went to church a lot to get me used to sitting in the pew. On Monday we went to the noon day service to hear Daddy preach. I sat through it but jumped when the organ started. On Thursday we went to the Maundy Thursday service and sat behind my friend Corrinne. I was awake through half of it until the sermon started. Someone sat with me so Mommy could go take communion. Also in preparation for Easter Sunday I wore a lot of dresses this week so I would know what that was like. On Saturday, Mommy and Daddy's sunday school class had their annual Easter Party. There were LOTS of kids and food. I took my new pink Longaburger basket that someone gave me and a friend gave me 3 Easter eggs since I could not hunt them myself. On Sunday, Mommy got us all pretty and we actually made it to the 8:00 service ( in the pew at 7:55!). We sat in the balcony with Mr. Jim and Kelly. There were lots of new sounds - trumpets, bells, drums. I got upset once which scared Mommy but then I fell alseep. Lots of people were excited to see me for the first time. Mommy said I looked pretty in my new dress, bonnet, bloomers, and pink shoes. We took lots of pictures. Uncle Andrew came down for Easter lunch and to hang out.

On Monday, I met Mommy and Daddy's friends Jamie and Emily. I was upset for most of the day but that didn't spoil our dinner with them and Abby and Jim. We had fun! I gave Mommy and Daddy a treat and slept 5 hours that night. They were shocked! Mommy got a clean bill of health from her doctor Tuesday so I think we will start getting out more to exercise and walk.

Have a great week! Carlisle Drew


No comments: