Friday, July 28, 2006

A Bath at Church?


Did you know they give baths at church? Well, they do! I got one on Sunday! Mommy and Daddy said I was baptized. I wore this big dress, and Grandpa put water on my head. I like baths so this was not a new thing for me. Mommy and Daddy said they took vows to promise to raise me in a good family and take me to church and teach me about Jesus - they said that is all I can understand right now so that's all they told me. My grandparents, uncle, great aunt and uncle, and Mrs. Abby and Mr. Jim were all there to celebrate with Mommy and Daddy.

After the baptism, I went to a party for Daddy so he could say goodbye to his old job and officially start his new job. There were lots of laughs and clapping. He is just moving across the parking lot so there were not a lot of tears at the party. I think my dad rocks!


We then ate lunch at our house and visited with our family. Mommy and Daddy were so proud of me and very happy that everyone came in to celebrate. They said we are so blessed to be surrounded by so many great people! They said they hope to teach me how great they all are and what they mean to us. They said all these people will watch me grow up and help me to learn things about life. I do hope that one day I can tell them all thank you myself and give them a hug!

Much Love,
Carlisle Drew





No comments: