Friday, January 25, 2008

Christmas is Coming (a month or so ago)

So all this stuff started appearing around our house: trees, bells, greenery, shiny stuff, Jesus', candles...Mommy and Daddy said Christmas was coming and were we celebrating Jesus' birthday. I wish we started celebrating a month early for my birthday too. Anyway, Mommy let me help decorate a tree. We put the ornaments up and then I would move them around every day to new spots. I also put window stickers on our kitchen window that Memie had given me. I loved playing with the snowmen, gingerbread house, and christmas tree stickers.





One of the best things about the Christmas season is all the parties. I went to a gingerbread house party in my neighborhood. Mommy was so excited about helping me make my first gingerbread house. She sat me down at a table and picked out a house and all the supplies we would need and placed those in front of me. I just assumed we ate the decorations so I started shoving marshmallows, gumdrops, chocolates, icing in my mouth. I did not understand why it needed to go on the house. Mommy was frantically icing the house and taking candies out of my mouth and putting them on the house. I did go home with a decorated house in the end. Every day after that I proclaimed that "I eat that" and pointed to the house. But Mommy and Daddy wouldn't let me.



Now that Christmas is over, I am sad about the following story, but at the time, it was the highlight of my day. In our neighborhood, we had some reindeers (my word) and a large blow up mouse that Daddy called Mickey Mouse. I loved looking for these as we drove down the street. I didn't understand why they weren't lit and blown up during the day and why everyone didn't have them, including us. I would get so upset when we would drive the other way out of the neighborhood and would cry "Mickey Mouse this way!" (Mommy says its amazing how obsessed I have become about this addicting creature and I don't even know there's a whole land of this mouse out there!) The reindeers and Mickey Mouse have now gone away. Daddy says Mickey is back in a place called Orlando. Does anyone know where that is and have the phone number?

Much Love,
Carlisle Drew

No comments: