This summer in August we had a county fair in our area. Mommy and Daddy had never been and took me with Perry, Ms. Abby, and Mr. Jim. There were so many things to do. We fed some animals carrot chips. The goats liked them best. It felt funny when they tried to eat it out of my hands. Then Perry and I got to "work" on a farm and see what it takes to get food from the field to the store. First we had to get seed from the store and plant it and tend it. Then we had to pick our crops, milk the cow, and sell our goods at the farmers market. At the end I got a chocolate milk for my hard work and boy, was it hard work! Then I went to see all the prize animals...chickens, ducks, roosters, donkeys, rabbits. There was even a momma pig and her baby piglets. They were hungry! The best thing about the fair though were the rides! Where have these been all my life? I had to ride without Mommy and Daddy and be a big girl! I was even tall enough to ride the two "flying" rides - the bumble bee and the dragon. I got to pull a lever to make the animals go up and down while I spun in a circle but most of time I was too excited to pull the lever. I just giggled. During my last ride the fireworks started, and if you remember, I don't really care for fireworks. So my smile went away and I got scared and was glad to get off the ride. All in all I loved the fair and can't wait to go back next year because I will be tall enough to ride the Farris wheel!
.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
Much Love,
Carlisle Drew
No comments:
Post a Comment