Sunday, August 27, 2006

Twenty-Five Weeks Old

Hi! For all who were worried about my being sick, I can assure you that I am 100% better. The rash went away mid-week, but I sure do like the medicine which evidently has a better taste.

The big news of the week is that I can sit up. Mommy and Daddy are so excited, but I don't know what the big deal is. I just needed someone to put me in that position and get me off my back! Mommy put one of my blocks in front of me to prop me up as I learn to support myself on my arms. Daddy placed pillows on the floor around me because I did take a nasty spill that scared me one time. Mommy and Daddy laugh when I fall, but its not that funny. I am getting the hang of sitting up and like the view from here.

Friday night I went to my first football game, and boy, did I like it! There was so much to see and hear. We went to see two local high school teams play. One of them is the high school I hope to go to someday. Lots of people were so excited to see me (and Daddy and Mommy) there. Also this weekend Mommy and Daddy surprised me with a new toy that I can grow into - a splash pool! It is so colorful, and water comes out of these holes and splashes my face. At first I wasn't sure why Mommy and Daddy were so excited about the water, but then I enjoyed so much that I tried to drink it and grab it. The water wouldn't stay still for me to get a hold of it. Daddy took me out of the splash pool when I got "pruney". Mommy and Daddy said it will be big fun next summer when I am bigger. Have a good week!

Much Love,
Carlisle Drew

1 comment:

Amy Adkerson said...

Congrats, Carlisle! Sitting up is quite an accomplishment. My Emily would tell you it only gets better from here. Crawling, standing - yep, good times are ahead. Your mommy and daddy better watch out!

I enjoy watching you grow.
Amy Adkerson