Sunday, February 25, 2007

Fifty-one Weeks Old

***Note: Mommy has been super busy and has not had time to update the blog but she is attempting to catch up now! Some of this may be old news to some of you so enjoy whether it is or not.***


Hi all! As you can see by the picture, I am on the move! Mommy places me in front of a chair and I can push it where I want to go in the kitchen. How about that?!? Memie came this week and watched me while Daddy and Mommy had a meeting to go to.


We have been busy this week getting ready for my birthday this week. Decorations have gone up and errands are being run - so much to do! I did go to see Dr. Lee this week for my one year visit. I didn't like it at all; however, I didn't get my shots because I have to actually be one-year-old to get them. Mommy says its a silly rule that the school system has in Tennessee. He did say that it didn't matter that I haven't crawled yet, but that I do need to pull up on things more so I did and do it a lot more. He just needed to tell me that I needed to prove that I could do it.
I celebrated friends' birthdays this week with John Patrick and Corinne. If you remember we were all born the same week last year in three consecutive days. This picture was taken at Corinne's party. I also have been meeting new neighbors and playing with friends from church at different playgroups. Mommy says it is very important that I be around other kids since I don't have any other siblings and that I learn to share. Can you believe that a couple times kids have taken toys away from me? It made me cry. Daddy and Mommy took me to our church's consignment sale and bought me a drum! How exciting is that?!? (A small one for all concerned for my parents) I don't really bang it yet but I know I will perform a solo soon.
I can finally say that my first official word besides the typical Dada, Mama is "Ball" which makes Daddy so happy. I think everything round is a ball and so I say it a lot. I love balls of any size and can play "toss". I also have started saying "Ga" for dog when I see Bear or hear him bark.
Well that's all for now!
Much Love,
Carlisle Drew

No comments: