For a week this summer, I had a performing arts camp with my dance teacher Ms. Donna. It was fir kids age 5 - 10. It was so fun! I had to act, sing, dance, learn lines, and learn where to stand (blocking). The performance was called "School of Life" and my part was "Love" (of Faith, Hope, and Love). I was a cheerleader (of Life) and the most important. I had lines to memorize at night when I got home. I also had to act with feeling. By the end of it, I had memorized not only my lines but everyone else's too. I always made sure everyone was standing where they were supposed to. Ms. Donna said I would be good at directing or teaching. Now I love plays and theater. You know I have been in love with Annie. Mommy let me watch The Sound of Music recently, and it is my new favorite. I have watched it three times and know all the songs. My favorite song is "I am sixteen going on seventeen". If you come visit, you will play one of the kids with me.
My friend Corinne was in the camp with me. She was Faith.

We had a great week. Oh, and Corinne lost her first tooth!

Much Love,
Carlisle Drew
No comments:
Post a Comment