Saturday, December 12, 2009

I want to sit in Santa's lap

Since Mommy knew we would miss the annual Santa party at Corinne's this year (due to visiting our family, Mommy asked me real quick if I wanted to just write a letter to Santa or go see Santa. I said I wanted to sit in Santa's lap! So she and Daddy took me early one morning to a Breakfast with Santa. I got to make some crafts while I waited my turn and then hear Granny Claus tell the story of the true meaning of Christmas about Jesus. Then I waited patiently to see Santa. Before this I had been telling Mommy and Daddy that I wanted a dog from Santa (which Mommy and Daddy interpreted as a stuffed dog since we have Bear Bear already). I have stuck with this story for weeks. So I finally got to see Santa. I have to tell you I was nervous but sat right in his lap. I blushed and wouldn't talk to him, plus all these people, some elves, were staring at me with cameras. It was a little weird to say the least. When he asked what I would like for the 3rd time, I finally blurted out "A Bear". Then he asked if I had a dollhouse (which I don't) and I said "no". I told me he would be by my house later on and I told him bye.

In the car, Mommy and Daddy asked what I told Santa I wanted and I said "a dollhouse!"

Much Love,
Carlisle Drew

No comments: