So most of you may know this BUT you haven't heard it from me. As I mentioned in my first entry in a while, mommy has not blogged because she has had a reason. Well, I am going to be a BIG SISTER! Can you believe it?!? I don't know if you remember but last spring, I was telling people that "Mommy had a baby in her belly" when she didn't. Then I would accuse other people of being pregnant when they weren't. I quieted myself for a while and waited patiently.
Mommy and Daddy told me in August by showing me a picture of the little baby in Mommy's tummy. I was excited, but immediately asked "Why aren't there two (babies)?" I have friends that are twins (Travis/Taylor, Marianna/Garrison, Kate/Abby) and had even asked for two siblings. Daddy said something (meaningful) to me about God giving us one baby in Mommy's tummy. I replied with "Mommy, just eat more, and you can grow another baby". Mommy and Daddy said they weren't ready to go into THAT conversation right now and we only had one baby.
Mommy immediately started getting very sick which was hard on all of us. She said she felt great with me so this was a shock to her. She and I spent a lot of days on her bed watching TV which was fun for me. I tried to be very understanding when she didn't feel good. I reminded her one day that "this baby was making her sick but that she felt great when I was in her belly". She told me not to tell the baby that when the baby was born. She was sick until a few weeks ago (hence the upstart of blogging!). As I said, the sickness took a toll on all of us. When Mommy is down for the count, we all are. The final straw for Mommy was on a Monday when we were in a hurry getting in from the grocery store and getting out the door for my dance class. Mommy said to me that she needed to go get sick before we left. I asked her "Can you go get sick in your bathroom so I don't have to hear you?" I was late to dance class (which made me cry to see the door closed) because of Mommy's sickness. Thankfully, Mommy is feeling much better these days and we are back to normal around here.
I have been asking lots of questions: Where will the baby eat? sleep? Do we have a stroller? car seat? Does the baby have to sleep near me if it cries? I also have been telling Mommy and Daddy how things will go around here once the baby comes. I will help with changing but not stinky diapers. I also will help the baby eat at the table (so as to distract them from my eating my dinner). I also will sing songs and read books to the baby and help pick out clothes. Mommy keeps telling people she was excited about the age difference since I am so independent now but is worried about this baby having 2 mommies. She asked me one day if I thought this baby would have 2 mommies, and I said "No. You're the Mommy".
We did find out the baby is a girl. I am going to have a little sister! I am excited and was excited when mommy told me. She told me when she picked me up from school one day. When we got to the car (one minute later), I turned sad and said "Why aren't we having a brother?" Tears came to my eyes as I asked this. Mommy thinks my philosophy was that I was the sister and I didn't have a brother and didn't need a sister because I was the sister. So Mommy tried to calm me down by talking about my friends who didn't have brothers - Corinne and Lindy. She told me how blessed I would be with a sister and what a special relationship that would be and that she never had that. I was still sad when she said that the next dog we got could be a brother dog. (Daddy had said as he was leaving the doctor and hearing the great news of a girl that after dear Bear dog passed on, he wanted a boy dog). I immediately asked "why would we need another dog?" Mommy said that Bear would pass away one day since he's old. Well, that made me cry and I said "I love Bear Bear!" (In Mommy's defense, she really was trying to comfort me and didn't see this conversation going in this direction.) So after I calmed down we went to get cupcakes.
I have already picked out a couple of things for my baby sister when we have been out shopping even though Mommy said we don't need a thing. I picked out a lovey blanket and a pink and purple sleeper. I am getting really excited; can you tell?!? The baby will come after my birthday.
A few other things pertaining to Mommy's belly...I saw her belly, unclothed, the other day and said "Mommy, your belly is big!" I then told her "I have a baby in my belly. It will be born next week (puffing out my belly)". I also keep telling Daddy that he has a baby in his belly since his belly sticks out too. (Mommy and Daddy have talked to me about how Daddies don't have babies in there bellies because I did think at one time that Daddies carried boy babies.)
Please stay tuned for my adventures with my new baby sister (name to be determined though I have suggested "Allie").
Much Love,
Carlisle Drew
No comments:
Post a Comment